Our Vision & Values
Children are at the heart of everything we do at Denmead Junior School
We are committed to teaching and encouraging our children to:
- Be happy, healthy, confident and resilient
- Have empathy, understanding and kindness for others and themselves
- Be able to show positive learning behaviours and develop a love of learning
- Be socially skilled and effective communicators
- Be prepared to understand, embrace and live successfully in our diverse world
We will do this by:
- Having high expectations in all areas of school life
- Developing a growth mindset for lifelong learning
- Offering a relevant, inspiring and broad curriculum, adapted to ensure all individuals grow
- Delivering high-quality, inclusive teaching every day, to all pupils
We encourage all children to adopt the LEARNING POWERS of Resilience, Self-Improvement, Co-operation, Concentration and Curiosity, whilst modelling and teaching the values of Positivity, Respect, Inspiration, Determination and Excellence - PRIDE.
In doing so, every child will have the opportunity to flourish and thrive, creating happy memories that will last a life-time and prepare them, not only for their next stage in education but for life.